Sunday, May 2, 2010

Standard 4 Instructional Delivery and Management


Standard 4: Achieves and maintains a health-enhancing level of physical fitness.

I strongly agree with many other physical education teachers with the believe that skilss are major focus in the unit. I think that we need to captivate our students no matter what the skill level is though. We need to provide them with activites that are enjoyable. The same old jog around the gym and stretching just doesnt cut it anymore. We need to make our students want to come to class. An example personally for me would be when teaching my lab C. I had to teach speed skating. I was the fourth and final person to teach on the the selected day. By the time i was ready to run the show half the class had already zoned out. They were tired of drills. They wanted to leave for the most part. It would take something that was trully a riot to make them stay. I think that as Phys ed teachers we need to be able to adapt to the situations that we are presented with. I did so this year on the first day of classes. I did a few quick drills and then immediately got everyone into a modified game. I improvised on lab C by making the majority of my lesson time for the students to enjoy themselves and participate in a game.

No comments:

Post a Comment